Today is the day my children would be going back if they'd stayed at their school.
I can't help but feel a bit sad that it's all carrying on without us. I'm enjoying our home ed, but I loved the school and the people there and will miss them. Obviously we've stayed in touch with them (so far) but today it really does feel like they're taking steps without us. Plus today is the "no turning back" day. Until now the children have just been on Summer hols really, now they are officially, properly being home educated.
Yesterday was a full -on day; travelled on tube and train back from London, walked from station with wheelie bag in tow to Home Ed group, after home ed group got bus back home, washed clothes from trip away, cleaned kitchen, made two types of stock and tomato chutney, had tea, helped children play on Grid Club etc. so if I'm honest I'm shattered, but I decided to make today count.
I had hoped they would lay in so it really didn't feel like a school day but Papaya has a new bike and was so excited by that she was up and dressed by 7.00am! At least the boy laid in until 8.00am, and it was wonderful not to have to leave the house and face the traffic. We took a lazy morning, then did some shopping, went to the library, packed lunches and headed to Alice Holt with some friends to enjoy the sunshine and test out the bike! No photos though as my iPhone is dead and in the process of being replaced. Then they flopped with home-made cheesy chips and Horrible Histories before bed. It felt like a good use of the day to me ;)
Next Friday the children start at Inwoods and will be there for a term every Friday. That is when our home ed routine will really get into swing I think, for now it just feels like we're still on holiday for the summer.
I can't help but feel a bit sad that it's all carrying on without us. I'm enjoying our home ed, but I loved the school and the people there and will miss them. Obviously we've stayed in touch with them (so far) but today it really does feel like they're taking steps without us. Plus today is the "no turning back" day. Until now the children have just been on Summer hols really, now they are officially, properly being home educated.
Yesterday was a full -on day; travelled on tube and train back from London, walked from station with wheelie bag in tow to Home Ed group, after home ed group got bus back home, washed clothes from trip away, cleaned kitchen, made two types of stock and tomato chutney, had tea, helped children play on Grid Club etc. so if I'm honest I'm shattered, but I decided to make today count.
I had hoped they would lay in so it really didn't feel like a school day but Papaya has a new bike and was so excited by that she was up and dressed by 7.00am! At least the boy laid in until 8.00am, and it was wonderful not to have to leave the house and face the traffic. We took a lazy morning, then did some shopping, went to the library, packed lunches and headed to Alice Holt with some friends to enjoy the sunshine and test out the bike! No photos though as my iPhone is dead and in the process of being replaced. Then they flopped with home-made cheesy chips and Horrible Histories before bed. It felt like a good use of the day to me ;)
Next Friday the children start at Inwoods and will be there for a term every Friday. That is when our home ed routine will really get into swing I think, for now it just feels like we're still on holiday for the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment