Thursday was a visit to the British Museum. The reason for the trip was the Viking exhibition, but before-hand we managed to quickly see the children's favourite view....
The Romans for Povey where he found his namesake.....
The Egyptians for Papaya who was inspired by her new Cleopatra jewellery.....
And finally my favourite gallery, titled "Living and Dying" but actually an exploration of life in many cultures.
As with the Pompeii exhibition we couldn't take any photos inside the Viking exhibition, but I can assure you it was awesome and impressive.... until the fire alarm went off and we were all evacuated into the main hall!
Here's an idea of what we saw.... and didn't see!
Such a shame as we were just getting to the part about genetics! I'll have to do some research myself. The publishing company my sister-in-law works for have actually brought out a book on the Vikings so I'll try and get to see that :)
The Romans for Povey where he found his namesake.....
The Egyptians for Papaya who was inspired by her new Cleopatra jewellery.....
And finally my favourite gallery, titled "Living and Dying" but actually an exploration of life in many cultures.
As with the Pompeii exhibition we couldn't take any photos inside the Viking exhibition, but I can assure you it was awesome and impressive.... until the fire alarm went off and we were all evacuated into the main hall!
Here's an idea of what we saw.... and didn't see!
Such a shame as we were just getting to the part about genetics! I'll have to do some research myself. The publishing company my sister-in-law works for have actually brought out a book on the Vikings so I'll try and get to see that :)








No comments:
Post a Comment