Monday, 2 July 2012

3 Days Left

My children have only 3 days of school left, including today; which was meant to be sports day but was cancelled because of the continuing rain!
I have put this blog on hold rather for this last term as I threw us fully into the final weeks of school, but now it's nearly time for when we will be officially home educating.
The "plans" as they stand so far are to take a definite summer break  and to also take the rest of the year as de-schooling time too. I already have learning resources around if they feel the need, but I don't plan to start putting definite structures into place until next January when I'll have a better feel for which ways of working are best for them both.
Having said that they will be attending Inwoods every Friday from September, plus ACM music club on a Saturday, plus a drama group once a week and there will also be other regular home education groups we will go to, so we won't exactly be resting on our laurels!
I'm excited, and sad........ their current school is already beginning the preparations for September and the children are both very aware they won't be part of that. I have printed them both off little business cards to hand out to friends so they can stay in touch.
I feel ready to have them at home. There was a great article at Simple Homeschool today about the pitfalls of Home Schooling that I have taken the time to absorb and store away for future reference. Many of the things mentioned, like having your children with you all the time, have already been brought up as concerns from friends and family. I think the initial few months will give us a good idea of what will work and what won't and how we need to adapt our family life to make it really work.
For now I want the children to enjoy these final few days at their lovely school. We will certainly miss the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment