Wednesday, 4 July 2012

The Journey Really Begins!

Another timely blog post from elsewhere today, this time it is a parent in Staffordshire whose children have all reached school leaving age and she offers encouragement for those just starting home education.....

  A Home Educating parent looks back

Today our journey begins. How fitting that it is Independence Day! I will collect the children from their school at 3.20pm and from that point we are officially home educating for however long that will be.
There is no timescale on this. I want to give it at least a year, but if it works for us we will continue, or if the children decide they would like to be at school we will find one. All options are open. I'm excited about it, but also can't quite believe that we will be saying goodbye today to the school we have known and loved for 4 years.

 I sent them off with their father today telling them to make the most of their last day and with little business cards to pass onto their friends so they can stay in touch. I'm not certain they fully understand but I have done my best to explain it all to them and answer all questions. My husband says he left Papaya surrounded by all her friends enjoying the attention! Povey was given a card from a friend "for luck" that he just slipped into his bag without even opening it.

There is nothing official planned education wise until September when they will begin their one day a week at Inwoods. I have some trips out planned and some back-up projects but other than that we plan to just enjoy the Summer holiday with them and am hoping the weather will oblige with some sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment